Are you a passionate psychiatrist who loves working with children and adults? Do you thrive as part of an outpatient community behavioral health team that seeks to innovate and collaborate with other healthcare providers? Are you looking for better work-life balance and the ability to be home on holidays, weekends and most evenings? Then joining the PCS team as an outpatient psychiatric practitioner may be an ideal fit for you. Our growing outpatient center is looking for an additional Provider to join our team and provide direct clinical services to psychiatric patients using a multidisciplinary team approach consistent with evidence-based practice.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Perform initial psychiatric evaluation and render diagnosis
- Perform mental status examinations
- Educate clients and their families regarding patient’s diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, and therapeutic process
- Provide support for regular medication management for patients
- Provide psycho therapeutic services as necessary
- Collaborate and coordinate patient care with treatment team (i.e. primary care provider, therapist, CPST Provider)
- Write prescriptions and/or order additional tests for patients as necessary
- Participate in weekly supervision facilitated by the Medical Director
- Identify or recommend community resources to facilitate the highest possible mental health functioning of all assigned clients in collaboration with treatment team
- Adhere to the agency’s personnel policies and procedures, Ohio MHAS, COA, Medicaid and Insurance standards, and fulfill documentation and reporting requirements
- Submit completed clinical documents into the Electronic Health Record to be processed into the Individualized Client Records
- Maintain Professional Liability Insurance in accordance to PCS policy
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- License to practice medicine in Ohio, with at least 2 years of experience.
- Board certification in Psychiatry.
- Full prescriptive powers in Ohio with a DEA number.
- Available to work during standard hours, including occasional late afternoon/evening hours..
- Current CPR/BLS certification
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Pragmatic problem-solving and assessment skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with treatment team when appropriate
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Proven leadership skills in working with patients and families
- Ability to convey difficult and challenging information to staff, patients, and others as needed
- Proven attention to detail
Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made, if requested and medically supported, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in cooperation with the American with Disabilities Act.
Work Environment: The work environment is at the agency’s Outpatient Clinic residing at 611 W. Market St., Akron, Ohio.
Policy and Procedures: 1. Adhere to Medicaid, and all other federal, state and local guidelines regarding deliver of CSP service. 2. Follow organizational protocols (Operations manual, Policies and Procedures manual, job description) in provision of CSP services.