It is estimated that 15 percent of adults over 60 experience some kind of mental health concern. Among nursing home residents, approximately two-thirds have a mental illness or mood disorder.
If you or a family member has a mental health concern, we can help. PCS provides a range of services for older adults where they live:
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Assisted living facilities
- Independent living communities
- At home for those that qualify
Consultation and Treatment
We offer a free, initial consultation and the same counselor every week to ensure continuity of care. What’s more, we bill Medicaid, Medicare or private insurance directly so you don’t need to worry about anything.
Our team specializes in treating issues such as:
- Poor self-esteem
- History of trauma
- Life adjustments
- Relationship issues
- Mood disorders
Partner with PCS
If you represent an organization that serves older adults, consider how partnering with PCS can benefit you and your residents.
- Increased quality of life for older adults, through positive, one-on-one interaction with a mental health specialist on a weekly basis
- Weekly, on-site support from a social work counselor
- Services at no cost to you as PCS bills directly to Medicare, Medicaid and private insurances
What’s more, there is evidence for increased potential for Medicare savings and a lower rate of re-hospitalizations for those with a severe mental Illness as a result of better coordination of care. Read more
To learn more about partnering with PCS to provide mental health services for older adults, please contact:
Gina Dettorre at (330) 996-4600.
Pastoral Counseling Service has been very helpful to the residents and staff of our facility. Our counselor has been very successful assisting our residents with managing a wide range of issues using innovative techniques and goal oriented treatments to obtain effective and efficient results.