Title: Psychiatric Nurse – LPN
Reports to: Medical Director
Classification: Direct Service – Non-exempt
Job Type: Full-time
WILL WORK BETWEEN 30-40 HRS./WEEK (Tuesday-Friday)
Job Summary: Utilize medical and administrative skills to provide support to patients and psychiatric staff.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Maintain accurate and descriptive clinical documentation;
- Monitor and documents patient’s weight, vital signs, and other important information for providers;
- Monitor, verify, and provide follow up with regular correspondence regarding medication refills, pharmacological history, and management of appointments;
- Provide communication to patients and their guardians when needed;
- Maintain regular professional collaboration with the appropriate PCS staff and area agencies involved with patients;
- Maintain up to date Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and continuing education qualifications in accordance to certification;
- Ability to establish priorities, assess workload and determine order of importance regarding daily responsibilities and tasks required.
Qualification Requirements: Candidate must have at least one (1) year of clinical experience and possess at least one of the following certificates/licenses:
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Physicians Assistant (PA)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Outpatient facility: 1 year
- One year psychiatric experience, preferred;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Graduate of an accredited program;
- Computer literate;
- Knowledge of infection control practices;
- Demonstrate knowledge of age related concerns as observed through appropriate nursing interventions by the medical provider and as illustrated in clinical documentation;
- Demonstrates knowledge and aptitude of agency’s Electronic Health Record (EHR), or similar software.
Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made, if requested and medically supported, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in cooperation with the American with Disabilities Act.
Work Environment: The work environment is at the agency’s Outpatient Clinic residing at 611 W. Market St., Akron, Ohio.
Policy and Procedures: 1. Adhere to Medicaid, and all other federal, state and local guidelines regarding deliver of CSP service. 2. Follow organizational protocols (Operations manual, Policies and Procedures manual, job description) in provision of CSP services.